Receiving a cold email/inmail from a recruiter is one thing, but getting a call on my cell or direct number is completely different! Although we are living in an age where people are getting used to their contacts being discover-able, every now and then, a candidate will ask the question "how did you get my number?"
We ran a quick survey across our recruiters network on how they respond to this question. Here are the best five responses we heard:
- "I worked really hard to get it"
- "I really wanted to talk to you, and I searched for it all over the place"
- "You are more popular than you give yourself credit for"
- "You have been on our radar screen for a while"
- "We know how to get hold of our best candidates"